Saturday, January 12, 2008
mastering the art of vietnamese cooking (or whatever it will be called)
I am open to suggestions for the title to my little cooking experiment. For now, I'm going to call it MTAoVC. I am working on a list of recipes to test out. I'm sure it will expand as time goes on and I get more ideas from my Vietnamese family and friends. But I have decided FOR SURE what my first test recipe will be. Bo Luc Lac (pronounced "bah look lack"). It's a yummy beef and onion dish with a wonderful sauce that is usually served with fresh tomatoes, lettuce and cucumbers and eaten with jasmine rice. There is one restaurant in Tampa (Pho Quyen) in particular that makes this dish so wonderfully that we are literally fighting over the sauce left on the plate once all the food is gone. I have no earthly idea how to make it, but I am on a quest to find out. My plan is to research the dish and try to find 3 or 4 recipes to test. I'm hoping to do my first test by next weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can't wait for you to start. You ARE going to have a MNI so we can try some of the dishes, right??????
MNI sounds fun! Maybe you guys can do a taste test for me!
Post a Comment