Today was the laziest day I've had in a long long time. I fell asleep with Isaac last night around 9pm. The in-laws were here, so I let the boys stay up a little to hang out and have fun. When it was time for them to go to bed, I just took Isaac and plunked him in bed with me and that was that. I was out like a light. So you'd think that I would wake up early, right? Wrong. I ended up sleeping until 9:30! I don't think I got out of bed for probably 45 minutes after that. I didn't even make it to church. I felt really bad about that since we missed last week too, due to the fish poisoning fiasco. So I was a lazy heathen today. I laid around and read my book - I'm trying desperately to finish The Lovely Bones so I can move on to my book club's selection, which is due next week - until I had just enough time to shower and get the boys ready to go to our playgroup's meeting this afternoon. The boys and I came home and got the 10 pounds of sand from the playground washed off of them before dinner. I fed them, read them some books, and it was off to bed for them again. So I was very unproductive today. I have ten zillion things to do, but I didn't do any of them. Now I am behind on my bible study, I have several areas in my home that need cleaned and organized, and the laundry is piling up - again. I guess that's what tomorrow is for.
Oh, while we were at the park, I had a funny little conversation with Isaac. It went like this:
I saw Isaac with his finger in his mouth, and looking really confused.
I said: What's wrong?
Isaac: I got something in my teeth.
Me: Yeah, it's sand. You can't play in the sand and put your hands in your mouth.
Isaac: I need a toothbrush.
I had to laugh, because he was actually looking at my purse like I was going to pull out a toothbrush! LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment