Friday, February 8, 2008

my office

Beware, all you organized people!!! This your warning! The following pictures may just push you over the edge. You could actually have cardiac arrest. Seriously.

I hate my office. Now that I am going to be working, I am looking around in here, and I have no idea how I'm going to do that. I'm not a super-organized person, but this is the only room in my house like this. It's bad. I know this. And it's 100% my fault. I would say that 90% of the stuff in here belongs to me. This has become a "catch-all" room. I hate that. In a perfect world, I would have a craft room to hold a whole lot of the crap that I keep throwing in here. Having said all of that, it's not just about the junk. It's about the desk (which I also hate) and the lack of space to place notes and drawings while I am working on them. Nothing is convenient the way it currently is. And my computer is no longer my own. The boys both use it, so at any given time, I come in to a sticky keyboard or something icky on my monitor. So here's the mess of an office I am talking about:




Now I am wanting to re-design the office. I like the color - very conducive to working in my opinion. But that's about it. I want to do a weekend long, Trading Spaces style re-design of my office. Yeah, I know I have no money, which is why I'm having to start working again in the first place, but I'm going to start working on my little dream and see where it takes me. I might just make it work. I've GOT to make it work. Somehow. Some way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.... I think my heart stopped. Oh the clutter! My heart would race every time I walked in there. If you need help organizing it, let me know! That's my FAVORITE thing to do!!

Holly said...

Scarlett, your office looks like it belongs in my house!!!

Scarlett said...

I know I know I know!!! Why do you think I warned you??? It's one of those things where it WAS completely organized and then here and there I'd say, "Oh, I'll just throw it in here and get to it later..." And this is where I ended up. Never knew all that was in there behind that closed door, huh?

Karlise said...

Looks like my desk! Hmm I could blog about the same thing! LOL

Heather said...

Umm, looks like our spare bedroom/office/craft room as well. Ugh. Good luck!

Working Mama said...

I kinda think that's the nature of offices that belong to "most" SAHMs...they become our catch-all room because the office isn't being used for business. I love organizing and mine still gets bad! I will come help anytime - come to the group meeting on Sunday and see one of our new ideas for some Mommy projects!!! Right up your alley
Andrea

Scarlett said...

all you guys who are offering help - come on over!!! I need all the help I can get!

Yoga Pose of the Day