I had an interesting conversation with Hayden this evening. I'm not sure I was quite as clear about things as he is when I was his age. Here's how our conversation went:
Hayden: Mommy, my life is hard. It's good and hard and the same time.
Me: What do you mean, your life is "hard"???
H: Well, like when cats have baby kittens and then they die. That's sort of sad.
Me: Yeah, that really made me sad.
H: Me too. And you know, that happens to human babies too.
Me: What happens to human babies?
H: Sometimes they die. Like if something is wrong with them.
Me: Or if they get really really sick and can't get better?
H: Yeah. Isaac's a lucky baby. He's healthy. He didn't die. And neither did I. See???
Life is hard. But my life is REALLY good!!!
Me: I'm glad you think so, Hayden.
H: I love you, Mommy.
Me: I love you too.
4 comments:
So cute. So hard that those topics have to even enter the mind of a child - he's right, life is hard but how awesome he has it all in perspective! You are a great Mom, Scarlett - it's because of you he thinks that way.
Andrea
That is the sweetest thing ever. He's so smart to realize he has a good life.
I think sometimes I see glimpses of God in my kids (or I guess this would be the Holy Spirit speaking through them). It's not always so reflective as it was yesterday, but this was one of those times. Just that little conversation made me feel so much better about everything. I am sure there was divine intervention... we don't have conversations like this normally. ;)
Awww, that's such a profound conversation for a little man. So sweet.
Post a Comment