Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day Off

The kids had a day off from school yesterday. No idea who thought that would be a good idea. It's not like they were honoring their veterans or anything. Before you mention it, yeah, I know that is sort of my responsibility since they are still so young. Got it.

What they DID do on their day off was drive me insane. Bonkers. Coo coo. Loco. CRAZY!

Being the genius that I am, I let them put off some of their homework since we really had no plans and they would have all day to do it. I decided that it would be a good idea to get it done in the morning so they would have the whole rest of the day to relax. It ended up taking three hours. At which point, I couldn't take it any more and drug all three of them out of the house to go run errands with me. Yeah... You know where this is going, right?

I'm really not such a grump. The whole situation was exacerbated by the house painters that were positioned at several points around our house, painting doors. No, the painters didn't cause so much aggravation, but the toddler that wanted to TOUCH the doors did.

The moral to this story is: If your kids have a day off school and you have no plans, make some in a hurry!!! And make them do their homework before the day off so you won't end up doing projects all morning like I did. And definitely don't let any of them near any home improvement projects. Ever. Never a good scene.

No comments:

Yoga Pose of the Day