Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I've made a decision!

I'm very excited today. I've made a decision. I think it's been coming for a while now. But today, I've decided. For sure. Definitely. No going back. I feel like I may even need to make an announcement. How to do that in a blog..... well anyway, here goes:

I've decided that I'M IMPORTANT!!! Yep, I matter, I count, and I am definitely worth my time and effort. Absolutely.

No idea why this didn't occur to me before. I know that a lot of stay-at-home-moms struggle with this, and I guess I'm no different. I guess for a while now, I have just been accepting that I come last. That my needs aren't really that important. And since I am the main caregiver here in the Truong household, I just have to put everyone and everything else first and suck it up. Well... I think I'm done with that now. Yeah, obviously, the kids needs are pretty important since they are, well... kids. They can't parent themselves, ya know. So yeah, I get that. And since my husband does work outside of the home and is gone for more than 12 hours a day, I have some work to do to keep him going that sort of come with the job description of "housewife". But what I've been thinking about over the last few days is that isn't there some way to "squeeze myself into" my schedule? There's got to be, right?

To be perfectly honest, I'm a little irritated and disgusted with myself. I've been letting myself go for way too long. I'm letting my sleep deprivation and emotions get in the way of my life. And my health is suffering for it. So I've made my decision. I'm doing what I have to do. For me. For my sanity. For my health. For my happiness. I'm putting on my big girl panties and moving on with my life. Here I go!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yea for you! I'm still working on it. It's a struggle.

Yoga Pose of the Day