Wednesday, January 9, 2008

am I just getting old???

The night before last, I was sitting on my bed, and leaned back, sort of twisting to the right side to get the TV remote off the floor, and I felt my abs pull a little. It hurt, but I was okay, so I went to the gym yesterday. Well, now I'm in pain. I keep trying to stretch out my stomach muscles, but it just hurts. I don't think there's too much I can do except take a day off and take some ibuprofen. Why do I always hurt myself doing stupid things? It would be different if I could say I hurt myself during my 10 mile run or something. But no, I hurt myself trying to get the remote. How embarrassing! I don't know why I'm surprised... I once threw my back out while opening a drawer in my kitchen. It was sort of the same thing, I felt it pull, but it wasn't too too bad. Then I went to a step class the next day, and at the end of class, I was sitting on the floor, stretching, and I literally could not get back up off the floor. Thank goodness this was way before kids and when Quoc and I always went to the gym at the same time. So my balloon is a little deflated this morning. I had hoped to go to the gym Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week, but that's not going to happen now. I am hoping to make it to yoga tomorrow morning. That should be good for my old, out of shape muscles... And if I'm feeling better, maybe I'll go on Friday morning. I guess I'll just try to get some stuff done around the house today - without taxing my belly too much!

No comments:

Yoga Pose of the Day