Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm obsessed...

So I'm doing this blogging contest with some of my friends from playgroup. Most people reading this know all about it, because I think you are the only ones that ready my blog! So this entry is really directed at all the competitors in our little competition:

Is everyone else obsessed with looking at everyone else's blog every day? I'm laughing at myself, because I can't decide if this obsession is a good or bad thing. On one hand (I mentioned this to Jen the other day), I feel like I'm getting to know all of you better because I see what goes on in your everyday lives, and everyone's blog has a little different personality. I'm really enjoying that part. I'm also enjoying the fact that this is forcing me to write more. My intellect has gone down the tubes in recent years. I used to be a really great writer (if I do say so myself), but I've gotten really rusty since I don't ever do it anymore. And then on the other hand, it's probably not healthy to be looking at everyone's blogs and checking the date stamps to make sure they did it that day, just waiting for someone to be "out". I guess I've still got a competitive streak in my, huh? Sad sad sad... but true! ;)

7 comments:

Karlise said...

I read each and everyone's blogs everyday! I leave their page up all day until a post has been written too. LOL I love reading blogs though.

Scarlett said...

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one!

Melodie said...

I have always read everyone's blogs everyday, which is why it was so annoying that certain people who shall remain nameless (Amy & Holly) would rarely update their blogs. This competition, as well as the new bloggers, is giving me much more reading material. But, FYI, the time stamp on the blog is when you start writing it, not when you finish, so if you start a blog before midnight and then save it for later, it will still have the previous day's date.
Check out the time stamp on my post from this morning. It says 6-something, which is when I wrote the first sentence. However, I wrote the bulk of it after Sarah left for school, about two hours later.

Heather said...

Oh, so very true! I had no idea this addiction lie within me!

Kandee said...

Yep, I've got the bug too...I read everyone's blog daily. I check it all day like Karlise. I used to write in a diary everyday for about 5 years and I never missed a day...so I feel like I'm doing it again.

Anonymous said...

Take comfort in the fact that you're not alone. I love reading everyone's blog. Everyone has such a different writing style. And it's funny to see when one blog influences other blogs. It irritates me that a lot of you wait until late at night to post, so I had to skip a day reading so I could be surprised every morning! I like blog reading in the a.m.!

AmySue73 said...

I'm in the club too, but I like seeing what all of you are up to!

Yoga Pose of the Day