My parents came up today to go to the circus with us. We ended up not going - long boring story, but a friend of ours was supposed to get us free tickets and then couldn't, so we're going tomorrow when she can get us cheap tickets. Cheap is not as good as free, but better than full price any day! So, instead, we went running around, looking at fish and aquarium products for my hubby's new aquarium that he got for Christmas. And we also went to "the farm".
"The farm" is Parke Family Hydrofarm in Dover, which is one of my favorite places, and is why, in our house, it is known as THE Farm. Yeah, I'm a dork, but I just love seeing all the fruits and veggies growing in their hydroponic pods and knowing where (at least some of) my food is coming from. I am a member of their produce club, which means that I pay a small annual fee and then for $15, whenever I feel like it, I can call up Mr. Parke and ask him to make me up a basket of produce. I should say that $15 is for the "small" sized basket and you can get a large basket for $25. I was sad to see that he lost all his tomato plants in the freeze we had the other day (he has over 30 different varieties of tomatoes), but I still got a really nice selection. We also let the boys pick another pound of strawberries, which they always love. So here's what I got:
My loaded "small" basket:
"The farm" is Parke Family Hydrofarm in Dover, which is one of my favorite places, and is why, in our house, it is known as THE Farm. Yeah, I'm a dork, but I just love seeing all the fruits and veggies growing in their hydroponic pods and knowing where (at least some of) my food is coming from. I am a member of their produce club, which means that I pay a small annual fee and then for $15, whenever I feel like it, I can call up Mr. Parke and ask him to make me up a basket of produce. I should say that $15 is for the "small" sized basket and you can get a large basket for $25. I was sad to see that he lost all his tomato plants in the freeze we had the other day (he has over 30 different varieties of tomatoes), but I still got a really nice selection. We also let the boys pick another pound of strawberries, which they always love. So here's what I got:
My loaded "small" basket:
In case you can't see my basket contained, leaf lettuce, butter lettuce, some sort of leafy cabbage (we're debating over whether it is a lettuce or cabbage, but my bet is on cabbage because of the texture), carrots, yellow squash, zucchini, sugar snap peas, green peppers, red bell peppers, tomatoes (from one of his co-op farms), strawberries, dill and flat leaf parsley. All for $15! Oh, and did I mention that it is all organic? I LOVE it!!!


2 comments:
Is that your basket or the Farms?
the farms
Post a Comment