Today we went to the Aviary and Zoo of Naples, which is not the big Naples Zoo, but more of a cross between an animal rescue, a petting farm, and a bird sanctuary. We had been there once before, last spring. The neat thing about this "zoo" is you can buy little packages of animal food (today it was sliced carrots, last time it was banana chips) and feed the animals. We all got in on the feeding action...
Here I am, in front of a mammoth donkey. This is the largest donkey I have ever seen. Apparently, it's a pretty rare species. He liked the carrots.
My dad, feeding a camel. He liked the carrots too.
Hayden, feeding the horses. They also liked the carrots.
Isaac, feeding a pony. He too, was a carrot connoisseur.
Carrots were had by all, and the boys had a great time. After the zoo, we went for ice cream at our favorite ice cream spot, Royal Scoop. Even I had some ice cream - sugar free and fat free caramel swirl. YUM! Royal Scoop makes all their own ice cream, and it is REALLY good! Next, we made a stop at Publix to get ingredients for...... can you guess??? Let me give you a hint:
My new specialty!

You guessed it!!! Bo Luc Lac! My parents are tired of hearing about it and want to taste test it. So here's my chance (again) to cook it properly. I'm doing recipe #2 for them, so I hope it turns out great. Wish me luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment