Friday, January 4, 2008
sleeping dilemma...
So, in our current situation, Isaac has his crib in the nursery, and Hayden has a queen sized bed in his own room. Isaac is really needing to get out of the crib and into a regular bed. This became obvious a few weeks back when he jumped out of his crib and landed face first on the floor. I knew he was capable of doing it, but he had never attempted before that day. I don't think he's in any danger in the middle of the night or anything. He will always yell for me to come get him if he wakes up in the middle of the night or in the early morning. The time he jumped out was in the middle of the afternoon, and he was pissed off because he didn't want to sleep, and I got tired of arguing with him, so I just put him in there, closed the door and left. So he jumped out. Regardless, I think he's ready for his "big boy" bed. So here's the dilemma. Neither one of my boys will go to sleep completely on their own. I'm wondering if we get them both twin sized beds and put them in the same room, will they just go to sleep? Will they be up all night? Will this be my worst nightmare? My thought is that they would have each other if they were in the same room (which would make it easier for them to sleep on their own), but they wouldn't bug each other so much if they have their own beds. It's funny, because up to this point, I never even really considered having my kids share a room. But they really do get along great (so far!), so maybe it's a good idea. I think it would be a little bit of work, though, because we'd have to turn the nursery into the boys' room since it's a slightly bigger than Hayden's room and laid out better for two beds. And then Hayden's room could be turned into a nursery if and when we need it. Which would be more work. Hmmmmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If you are seriously thinking about having a third baby, you should probably go ahead and put them in the same room so they don't feel like the new baby is taking something away from them.
Of course, if you decide not to have a third baby, then I'd go ahead and keep them in separate rooms so they each have their own space. They could always sleep in the same bed together if they want to be close at night.
I have a friend with three girls who each have their own room. However, they all sleep together in the same room because they are so close and want to be together.
Logan and Ian have been sharing a room for a few months now and it's working fine. We still have to put Ian to bed over and over bc he wants one more hug and kiss but other than that, he stays put. We finally got a mattress for the bottom bunk so they are officially "bunking" together now!
Post a Comment