I have to report on Valentine's Day. I didn't give Q enough credit. After blabbing my mouth off to my friends about how I wasn't expecting anything from him, he comes through big time with these flowers that I couldn't have even picked. They were that nice! Check 'em out:

Aren't they pretty??? I LOVE them. Spring flowers are my favorite, much better than roses IMO - they're just so happy and spring-y! So he gets an A for that. I really wasn't expecting anything at all. Love you, Q!
Are you wondering what I got him? Well, I didn't really get him anything except a card. But I MADE him something. I was watching Martha early last week, and got the bright idea to make him strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting. With fresh strawberries. It was quite a process, but they did turn out really yummy. Wanna see how I made them? I know you do!
First you sift the dry ingredients (I like to sift flour with a whisk):

Meahwhile, you cream the butter and sugar:
Then add the dry ingredients to the wet:
Add the strawberry and milk mixture:
Isn't it pretty???!!! I love how it turns all pink!
Now you scoop the batter into the cupcake papers:
And this is what they looked like when they came out of the oven - not as fluffy as I would like - I think I need new baking powder - but still pink and pretty:
Now for the icing! Sift your powdered sugar with a seive:
Then cream the butter and add the powdered sugar:
MMMMMM! Add vanilla and then your strawberry puree!
Yay! Pink frosting!
And the finished product - yummy!

5 comments:
I'm in.......we just need an investor!
I'm in too!
One of the character's on What About Brian had a cupcake shop. It was short of like a donut shop, but instead of different types of donuts in the cases, there were different types of cupcakes.
Mmmm, cupcakes!!!
Yes, they seem to be popping up all over the place (or so I've heard). I haven't heard of one here yet. Yummmm!!!!!
Post a Comment