I'm finally getting around to blogging about our Easter. We had a great time with my family. My parents, my sister, her husband and their two girls came down for the weekend. Actually my sister and her family flew into Ft. Myers, so technically, they came UP, but they flew from West Virginia, so cumulatively, they came down.
Regardless, the boys loved hanging out with their cousins. It's funny to see how they interact. The girls are a lot older than Hayden and Isaac. They are 10 and 12. It's amazing the patience they have with a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Amazing. And I love how loving my boys are with their cousins. Hayden, when he's very comfortable with you, is known to hold your hand and basically be very touchy feely. It's hard to explain - he's just very hands-on. I was watching him with my niece (the 12 year old), and he was just all over her. Not in a bad way. I don't think she was uncomfortable or anything. It was just obvious that he was REALLY comfortable with her. We got a portrait done with all four of them together, and it turned out great. I'll have to post that one later since our scanner is acting a little wacky at the moment. In the meantime, here are some other pictures I took of our weekend.
Ready to dye eggs!
Isaac and Faith
Hayden and Fallon (Hayden decided that he needed to be shirtless to dye eggs - no idea why)
That's my sister, Trinsy, at the end of the table - she's lost a lot of weight and looks GREAT!
My brother-in-law, Robby, making a WVU Easter egg (eyes rolling - go Hokies!)

Egg dying in full swing
Our finished products
The kids waiting for the big egg hunt to start (I love the expression on Hayden's face - do you think he was excited???)
Basket time!!!
Thanks to my sister and her family for coming all the way down here to visit us - we had a great time, and hopefully we'll see you all again soon!
3 comments:
Looks like you had a great Easter. I can really see the family resemblance between you and your sister.
Gosh you & your sister look a lot alike and Faith must look just like you as a little girl! It's quite a resemblance! That is so nice to spend the holiday with your family - I bet the boys loved it. I know my brother's "kids" (I say in quotes because they are basically grown ups!) are 18, 22 & 25 and my boys get all over them and play with them like they were little kids too. I think it gives the "big" ones a chance to "play" and act little again!
Andrea
It's so much fun when family gets together! Looks like a happy time!
Post a Comment