Saturday, March 15, 2008

goodbye, Bitty...

It's a sad day in the Truong household... Bitty, our beloved (and very strong) Beta fish has passed away. I told Hayden today that I thought the end was near. For the past few days, Bitty has been looking sort of grey and acting freakish - swimming quickly to the top until his whole head was out of the water and then slowly floating back down to the bottom. Well, a few minutes ago, I walked by his bowl, and there he was, peacefully lying on his green glass marbles. I thought of just cleaning out his bowl so Hayden wouldn't have to see him like that, but I think I'll wait until morning and let Hayden decide if he wants to bury him, flush him, or throw him in the trash. Bitty was Hayden's first pet, so this will be a bit of a lesson for him. I think he'll handle it pretty well (and probably want another Beta pretty soon). It's not like Bitty was a pet he could pet and play with, so I don't think he'll be too too sad. But Bitty will be missed. Thank you, Bitty, for entertaining us for the past year and a half. We hope you enjoyed living with us.

No comments:

Yoga Pose of the Day