No, I'm not bragging. Although I am kinda cool (in my own head)! Really - I'm IT. I've been tagged by my friend, Kate, who I only "know" on the internet. I "met" her way back when were both pregnant with our first kids in 2002, both due in September. We were also pregnant "together" with our 2nd kids.
The Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. So here it goes....
Fact 1:
I had a wayward ear. Yeah. It stuck out from my head... I'd say nearly perpendicular to my head. I had plastic surgery to fix it in 1997. Yes, you can tell which ear if you're really looking, and now I know all you people will be looking at my ears! Just ask me and I'll show you and save you the trouble of guessing.
Fact 2:
I got a perfect score on the Test of Standard Written English (part of the SAT) and got to skip freshman English in college.
Fact 3:
Speaking of college... I went to Virginia Tech. My heart goes out to all the family and friends of the people killed there one year ago. I hate it that a place I have such great memories of will be forever remembered for something so terrible. Hokies United! WE ARE VIRGINIA TECH!
Fact 4:
My 6th grade teacher in elementary school was the alternate "Teacher in Space" to replace Christa McAuliffe if she couldn't do the space mission for some reason. I watched the whole thing live on TV since it was a snow day for us and we didn't have school that day.
Fact 5:
I have been to the other side of the world. In 2000, I went to Vietnam with my husband and his family to visit his grandmother, who was dying from cancer at the time. They are exactly 12 hours ahead of us. What a trip that was, but that is another story for another blog post!
Fact 6:
I once stayed in a complete stranger's home overnight (by myself) in Switzerland. He spoke mostly Italian (which I don't speak at all) and very little English. Again, another story for another blog post.
Fact 7:
I have had probably the most complications and craziness due to pregnancy and childbirth out of anyone I know. With my first baby, I had a virus in the first trimester that can potentially cause severe birth defects, I had preeclampsia, I had low amniotic fluid, a failed induction and emergency c-section, and a premature baby. With the second, I had gestational diabetes, a "spinal headache" (slow leaking of spinal fluid that causes an air bubble to go to the top of your spinal cord and give you a splitting headache when you are vertical) and I had to go back to the hospital 4 days postpartum to have a blood patch done (lots of fun, let me tell you!) and then I had a really nasty MRSA infection at my c-section incision site.
Okay, so here the fun part...
TAG! You're IT:
Amy
Stacy
Andrea
Holly
Jen
Julie
Karlise
2 comments:
I want to hear more about Fact 6! Blog about that next, please?
Thanks for playing along Scar!
Post a Comment