Thursday, April 3, 2008

another year, another gyny visit

Today is the one day a year dreaded by all women - my annual gyny visit! Ick! I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do less. Well, maybe I could come up with SOMETHING, but not much. But I've decided to look at the bright side.... There's a bright side, you ask??? Of course there is! I could have some huge problem that I needed to see my gyny for. Or what if you had to go more than once year???!!! That's something to be thankful for, right? Okay, so there's not much of a bright side, BUT if there were one, it would be this: I am going all by myself this year! No kids staring around the stirrups, wondering what that guy is doing to mommy. Now THAT is something to be happy about. I could definitely find other places I'd like to go by myself, but this is a pretty big one. I can safely say that I will not be blogging about my gyny visit after it happens. I promise!!! The best part of the gyny visit is the part when you're making the following year's appointment, because it means you are ready to go OUT THE DOOR!

5 comments:

Holly said...

This reminds me mine is coming up! Yuuuuck!!! Also it means my annual mammogram is coming up too!!! Double YUUUUCK!!!

Melodie said...

Thanks for reminding me that I need to call for my appointment ASAP. I'll be all out of BC if I don't go soon.

Heather said...

What, you don't appreciate the commentary from a child while you have your legs spread wide open?

Kate said...

I think annual GYN visits were invented by men, as yet another humiliating experience for us.

p.s. You've been tagged for a meme over at my blog! Come check it out!

The Apron Queen said...

Dear blogging friend,
My meme tag response is up. You can go right here. Be there or be square. :D
Yours truly,
The Apron Queen

Yoga Pose of the Day