Monday, June 9, 2008

missions

So our potty training mission hasn't been a huge success. Saturday, after having only three pee accidents on Friday, was a pretty big let down. We had one small pee accident (which was really no big deal) and then two REALLY BIG poop accidents. I don't think he even realized that he had done it. So I was really frustrated (and a little grossed out at having to clean that up), and put him back in a diaper. After a couple of hours, I checked out his diaper, and he was completely dry! So I think it might just be a poop thing. I decided to try the pull-up route. Pull-ups didn't work with Hayden. He treated them like diapers and they were a big waste of money. I just saw that they have a new type of pull-up, where it will feel cold when it gets wet, so maybe Isaac will have some success with that. We got some yesterday, and so far, so good. He actually woke up this morning and played for a little while before I took him to pee, and his diaper was completely dry! So maybe he is getting it. Updates to follow...

My second mission (which is ALWAYS my ongoing mission) is to lose some weight. I did really well with Weight Watchers from August through about November of last year. I had lost about 15 pounds, and then the holidays hit. I totally veered off course (like a big baby - yes, I admit it) and gained back a lot of the weight. Over the past few months, I have done a half-hearted attempt at going back on WW, but ended up gaining the rest of the weight back. So, here I am (AGAIN) at 152, with my clothes getting tighter and tighter. I HATE that feeling. And to top it off, I am headed to WV tomorrow to visit with my family, where a lot of our gatherings are centered around food. So I'm feeling pretty bad about myself, but I'm not going to be unrealistic and throw myself back into WW today, since I know that the next week will be really hard for me to stay on course and track points. My goal for the next week is not to GAIN. My strategy is to try to choose the healthiest options I can - lots of veggies and fruits and small portions. When I get back, I will set some goals about losing. I think my ultimate goal will be to lose about 15-20 pounds, with my smaller goals going in 5 pound increments. I would be ecstatic to lose the 15 that I have gained over the past 6 months or so. More than anything, I'd like to feel better about myself. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Heather said...

good luck with BOTH of your missions!

Yoga Pose of the Day