Tuesday, June 2, 2009

She's right...

My friend, Julie, that is... She's absolutely right. Facebook is the blog killer. I am so unmotivated to blog these days when I can jump on Facebook, tap off a quick little status update and be done with it. There's still something about blogging, though... something that is more like a craft, something you have made, that is a little more satisfying, even if only a handful of your friends read it.

So let's see... I see that floating baby up there (which is STILL nameless) says I have 44 more days to go. HA! I'll show you! My c-section is scheduled! I have no more than 35 days left. So there! Five weeks from today, baby!!! I can't wait. I am so ready to meet this little guy!

Oh, and I never updated after my trip to the chiropractor... I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't scary at all, and it turned out that the chiropractor determined that my hip problem was muscular. She recommended some stretches, massage and regular exercise. So I started swimming when I can make it down to the pool and doing my prenatal yoga DVD whenever I get a little bit of spare time. The yoga has really really made a difference. Especially since it is focused on strengthening and stretching hips and thighs. I have been back to see the chiropractor one more time. I don't have any more hip pain, but she could tell by feeling that it is still much tighter on the "bad" side, so she did a deep tissue massage. It hurt, but I could feel the difference. I'll have one more session with her, a week before my c-section, and hopefully that will get me all lined up before I am really immobile.

Let's see... what else is going on??? Hmmm... well, I am still diabetic - I think I posted that before. Only now I am also on insulin. I only have to inject a very small amount one time a day, so it's not so bad. I will admit, though, that I was a bit of a big weenie when it came to giving myself that first shot. I closed my eyes and everything! Now that I've been doing it for over a month, though, I have my own little technique and I can do it without it hurting at all. If anyone ever needs my advice on this, I am happy to give it. It really makes a huge difference. I have managed to hit blood vessels a few times and give myself some lovely bruises on my thighs, but at least it didn't hurt.

I'm also set to take my 9th and final ARE exam on June 20th. As long as I passed the other three I have taken over the past few months (long story, but still do not have my results), and I pass this one, I will officially be a registered architect shortly after the baby is born. It doesn't really change much for me at this point - I already do everything that "real" architects do - but I will be able to do work on my own if I want and sign and seal my own drawings. Hopefully it will open up a few opportunities down the road.

Not much else to report. Hayden's last day of school is tomorrow, so for the next month I will be trying to cram in as much activity as I can before I am stuck in the house, recovering from my c-section. I know the kids are excited about the baby, but I want to make sure they have a full summer and don't just remember it as a time when they were waiting for the baby to get here and then sitting around the house since mom couldn't take them anywhere. Meanwhile, I will be studying as much as I can for this last exam and trying to get things ready for the baby. I'm sure everything will get done, but it's a bit overwhelming at this point. I'm going to try to post some pictures later... right now, Isaac and I are headed back to Hayden's school for lots of fun activities - sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and baby pools with water and ice! Fun stuff! Isaac is very excited to have been invited. ;)

1 comment:

Aunt K said...

So good to know that you are doing well, and that you & Quoc will be Mommy & Daddy to a 3rd boy in 5 weeks, and that Hayden and Isaac will have a new little brother! Take Care, Love Ya!

Yoga Pose of the Day