Monday, July 26, 2010

Hollah!!!

I actually got something accomplished this week. No, not everything on my ever-growing "to do" list, but something in my weekly goals. My office!!! Okay, so it's not 100% yet, but it's almost there, and I am getting right off the computer in a sec and finishing it up while T-Money is sleeping.

And while I didn't quite make it up to the playroom just yet, I DID make it up to IKEA yesterday! If you know me, you know that just walking in there is quite magical for me. Yes, I am exaggerating, but it is a treat. I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! And yesterday was the most satisfying trip to date! We started off in the restaurant since they were having "kids eat free" weekend. Even Tybee got his own kids' meal, and enjoyed it very much, thank you! Who knew that my little meatball would LOVE IKEA meatballs??? In the end, the entire family got complete meals, and we walked out of there having paid just over $13! AND the best part is that I got my little "frequent flyer" card thingy stamped. Since all six spaces were filled in, I got to redeem it for a $10 gift card! How excited was I???!!! $10 can go a long way at IKEA! I also had two other gift cards with unknown quantities left on them, so I was ready to get the shopping underway. First on my list of "stuff I wanted to look at" was a 4 cube bookshelf for both the big boys' bedroom and for the nursery. Big boys need more space to put little personal things and most importantly, a place to put the tarantula aquarium. ***just realized that I don't know what to call that thing - a tarantium? a tarantulum? - whatever... the tarantula's lair. You know what I mean.*** Tybee needed one in his nursery for his own "stuff" - board books handed down from the big boys a few weeks ago, his noise machine, his froggy nightlight... So last time I was in IKEA, the bookshelves I wanted were $70. Yesterday they were... are you ready??? $40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ma'am... I said forty dollars. So we got them. I also got a couple of boxes to put the boys' school stuff into. So now it will not take up my entire office or the entire filing cabinet, but I can still hold onto a few things that I think are really great. And it will look great on my office shelf! The grand total for the day was a little over $91, but after the $10 gift card and the mystery gift cards, we paid $58! Not bad... not bad at all!

So I'm getting there... I'm going to finish up the office and then go for the pantry. The pantry has been bothering me for quite a while, and I think I can finish that up pretty quickly. I'm all about instant gratification when it comes to cleaning and organization these days. And I'm not about to kill myself this week... I'm nursing a little bit of a cold AND I'm leaving to go on my annual camping trip on Thursday. Except we're not camping. And it's not exactly annual since I didn't go last year... I think that's a different post, though.

And on that note, Happy Monday! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Juli said...

I've seen you get weepy at Ikea! You're not exaggerating!! ;)

Can't wait to see all the changes! I just went to Ikea yesterday and had my own Come to Jesus moment there! I LOVE IT!

Yoga Pose of the Day