Yes, I'm giving it a whirl. It's National Blog Posting Month, and in case you don't know, that's where you vow to blog every single day for a month. So I'm giving it a go.
Now you're thinking that I'm a crazy person, right? You've seen my blog over the past year or two... it's sort of lacking... sort of gung ho and then nothing over and over and over... Yeah, I know. I'm having a lot of trouble with consistency in my life. Makes me a little nuts. But I guess you have to start somewhere, right? This is my somewhere.
I think I need a couple of goals for the day, the week, the month, the year. For now, I'm going to concentrate on this first week. My goal for this week is to stop procrastinating. I'm doing pretty well so far. Not that I've gotten every single thing done on my "to do" list today, but my house is pretty clean, and the Halloween decorations are down. On November 1st. That, in itself, is a big shocker if you know me. AND I decided to sit down and do my blog post. In my head, I said, "Oh, well, you know... we have soccer soon, and I can do it later after the kids are in bed." But then I thought, ya know... this is how things don't get done. This is why NOTHING gets done. By the time I get all the kids in bed, get dinner cleaned up, lunches made, clothes laid out for the next day (and yes, I am vowing to do that every night too!), and whatever miscellaneous chores done that MUST be done for the evening, I am too darn pooped to do even ONE. MORE. THING. So I'm vowing right here and now that I will work very hard to not put things off. I will get everything done, and get a few things done that I really really want to do, without making myself crazy in the process. Are you with me? Be my cheerleader! I can do it! I know I can!!!
2 comments:
You can do it! Yes you can! Goooooo SCARLETT!! LOL
Thanks, J! The cheerleading really does help. ;)
Post a Comment