Tuesday, November 16, 2010

She's taking charge!

I got a call from my sister-in-law the other day. She and I are pretty good friends, and we talk on the phone pretty much every day while she is driving in the car to and/or from work.

We were talking about all sorts of stuff. Family stuff. Relationships. Kids. And weight. These are regular topics for us, especially weight since both she and I struggle a bit with keeping in the healthy weight range. I think we have both come to the realization that we need to change our diets permanently if we're ever to see real results.

She says to me, "I've decided something. After the 1st of the year, WE'RE going to start eating clean again."

"Who's WE?", I say.

"YOU and ME." She says.

"Oh. Uh, okay." I say.

She starts laughing and says that she has decided for me so that we can work together and help each other out a bit on our weight loss journey. We did this before with Weight Watchers, and both had some success with it.

Normally, I don't really take well to people bossing me around that way, but in this case, I think I'm really okay with it. Lord knows I don't kick myself in the butt enough to get the job done. I'll just let her do it. And I'll throw her a kick every now and then too. It will be good for both of us.

Our initial goal is to eat clean for 12 weeks. That goal came about because my sister-in-law just finished a 12 week boot camp class where she had to drag herself out of bed at 5am. She reasoned that if she can make herself get up that early for 12 weeks straight, certainly we can commit to eating well for 12 weeks. Over the next 6 weeks or so, I will be re-reading The Eat Clean Diet Re-Charged by Tosca Reno so that I may once again memorize the principles and get my brain in clean eating mode, and I will be collecting "clean" recipes. If I find anything interesting, I will be sure to post. Hell, I may just start a brand new blog to document my weight loss journey and attempt to keep myself accountable. Anyone want to join us? The more the merrier.

Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Yoga Pose of the Day