I'm not sure what it was today... Isaac was freaking out nearly from the time he woke up in the morning until the time he went to bed tonight. It really makes me wonder how late he was actually up last night, since I wasn't home to put him to bed myself.
This morning's craziness started because he wanted to wear his "Thomas shoes" (sandals) rather than his sneakers and socks. I didn't think it was quite warm enough for sandals, so I made him wear his sneakers with socks. Well.... After being kicked in the face numerous times by a screaming toddler, I just picked up little Taz (seriously, you should have seen him), and his shoes and socks and dumped him into his car seat, still screaming and crying. He screamed all the way to school, which Hayden was now late for, and it started all over once we got there and he actually needed the shoes to walk Hayden to his classroom.
Another episode occurred at nap time because, in Isaac's own words, "I don't want no nap time. I want to go librurrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!" That was no type-o. He says, "li-brur-ee" for library. No idea why. Or maybe it's more like, "li-bwu-wee". At any rate, he finally went to sleep, still sniffling in his sleep.
Finally, he woke up a brand new baby, so we decided to go to the library (as we had originally planned) after picking Hayden up at school. 18 books, 7 DVDs, and 4 Cd's later, we're headed for the car, and Isaac decides that he really wants to get in the car by himself. I had my hands full of books, so I thought this was probably a good idea. So I open the door and step aside so he can climb in, and what does he do? Bolts in the opposite direction, toward the lane where cars are driving into the library! So I drop the books I have in my hands and grab the back of his shirt and yank him back, pick him up, and again dump him into his car seat. By this point, he's crying and screaming, "I want to get in car!" over and over. He screamed this all the way home and even as I was trying to get his shoes off.
So I'm really hoping for a better day tomorrow. I'm sure it could always be worse, but today was really trying my patience. Lots of deep, cleansing breaths were required to not totally lose it.
2 comments:
Kudos for holding it together. I hope tomorrow goes better!
I feel your pain! I hope today goes better for you and just remember...It's Friday!!!
Post a Comment