Our view, coming into the DR:

Me and Q, having dinner in the Dominican restaurant, El Guarapo:
Our hotel lobby - you could lounge around here at night and listen to music:
Looking up Bavaro Beach from our hotel:

This is where we ate breakfast every morning - right by the water:
Q and me, having a drink before dinner - Mojitos! YUM!
And here's what I did, except most of the time, I had my nose in a book - I read 4 of the 5 books I took with me:
Me, hanging out before dinner at the Mexican restaurant, La Hacienda:
Fresh coconut juice - one of the guys working at our hotel actually climbed up a tree and cut this one down for me!
Q and me at The American Grill - we thought it was funny that the waiter who took this picture zoomed out as if there was someone else sitting at our table. You may notice that I got a little too much sun that day...
...See???!!! Ouch!
As we were leaving, we noticed these really large fans in the airport - they had to be 15-20 feet across! They were huge!
And then we had proof. It was really funny, because everyone was noticing at once, and I heard these people behind us (who sound to me to be Scandinavian) say, "Beeg Ahhs Fahns" Hee hee...
So that was our big trip. We got home, and it was Halloween time already! Here are a few pics of the boys:
Isaac was Thomas the Train, and Hayden was Merrill, a Pokemon.
The boys, posing with the whole gang that trick-or-treated together - Thanks, Amy for letting us all invite ourselves to your house!!!
So then as we were attempting to get back into our normal routines, we realized that we brought home an extra souvenir from our trip to the DR... I'm pregnant!!! It's still very early (I'm only 7 1/2 weeks along right now), but we're very excited. I think I'm still a little shocked - I really thought I was just having trouble adjusting to the time change! LOL!
So that's what's been going on with us. I have a few more pictures to post from some other things we've been doing, but I'll save those for another post.
12 comments:
I'm glad to finally see some pictures!! I was just thinking about that last night. It looks like you had a lot of fun and obviously you must have (ahem) since you have a little souvenier on the way. ;) Congrats again!!!
PS Love the Big Ass Fan!!
Oh wow! Congrats Scarlett! What a great souvenier! Much better than a t-shirt! LOL
YAY Truongs!! You baby making machines... LOL
I can;t wait to meet baby #3Congrats.
Everyone is waiting for "Ling Ling"!
We are sooooooooooo excited.
Glad you are getting caught up.
I love all the pics
So you guys actually do still read my blog! I'm glad I haven't lost everyone completely. Thanks for all the congratulations. And yes, Mumsy, I know you're waiting for "Ling Ling". You guys are nuts! And very politically incorrect! Ha ha ha!!
Wahoo! I just knew that I was going to read that. LOL!
Congrats! What a great trip and one you will never forget for more reasons than one!!! I hope this pregnancy fast and uneventful!
OMG, congratulations Scarlett!!! The pictures are beautiful and I also loved the Big Ass Fan, lol.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Here's hoping for that little girl Quoc wants!
Congratulations, what exciting news! The pictures are beautiful; all of you look wonderful. Take care!
Beautiful pictures from your trip...but more importantly, CONGRATS on #3!
Post a Comment